Wednesday, January 20, 2010

McQueen FW 2010/11: Attack of the Morgue


So I’ve just been able to view Alexander Mcqueen ‘s fall/winter 2010/11 menswear collection and all I can say is WOW! At first glance of the venue, I thought to myself “hmm that’s an interesting motif on the runway and columns” but at a closer look, I realized just how interesting it was! It turns out that the patterns (which was also incorporated into many pieces of his collection) were actually of tiny skulls and bones !(•̪●)!

The collection featured many monotone colors such as beige, caramel brown, gold and different shades of greys as well as a few fur lined collars. With the combination of safari-like color choices and the graveyard scene patterns , it amounted to many of the pieces depicting a very animalistic, reptilian like feel.





I must admit however that the collection was in fact a bit toned down for McQueen’s standards . Most of the pieces were of the classic men’s suit (some of which were tieless), trench coats and exquisitely knitted sweaters. However, that’s just my personal opinion. What do you think? Could this be a sign of a more demure McQueen??? Comment via link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...