Thursday, September 30, 2010

Call me different!| Gareth Pugh SS 2011!!!

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to spend a day in the mind of the demented. Yesterday, that demented mind would have been that of Gareth Pugh.

Yesterday Gareth unveiled his Summer/Spring 2011 runway show in Paris; however, there was no runway! In the most unconventional format I have ever seen in my life, the entire show was viewed in video format.

The way in which this collection was presented cannot really be verbalized to its entirety. You really must see it to believe it. I have posted the entire HD video of the show. Make sure to enlarge it to full screen when viewing. Trust me, it's worth it.



I am old fashion so I probably would prefer a conventional runway show but I must admit, you would never be able to get a true feel of the movement and fluidity of these garments with an ordinary runway show. I especially loved 7:43- 8:56. It would have been impossible to show the vast number of ways that that jacket can be worn. And who knew rubberized neoprene could look so comfortable!

...Call him crazy, call him weird, but mark my words, Gareth Pugh will be the next great designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...