Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bulimic much?| Valentino Fall/Winter 2010/11 campaign

I am having a love/hate relationship with the Valentino Fall/Winter 2010/11 ad campaign. On one hand, the clothes look so absolutely divine and photographer David Sims did such a great job in capturing their beauty but on the other hand, the models look so sickly! 
Valentino is known for creating classically beautifully gowns for a more mature not so anorexic looking audience. Though I have never seen models Freja Erichsen, Monika Jagaciak or Tati Cotliar in the buff, I have seen them fully clothed and they never appeared this fragile to me. Could it be that they were photoshopped or purposely positioned so that their bones protrude? Whatever the case maybe, I hope this is not a trendy that will continue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...