Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dolce & Gabbana men's fashion show summer 2011!

Direct from Milan today came the much anticipated Dolce & Gabbana Men's fashion Show! Jumping on the same wagon as many other A-list designers, Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana had a live stream for their latest menswear collection. 

The inspiration for the collection came from an unlikely source; fishermen. In common Dolce & Gabbana form however this rugged job was luxuriated with detailed woven rope cords wrapped around the waist and environmentally friendly shoes made of raffia and suede for a natural effect. I especially appreciated the interwoven leather duffel bags and the hand-crafted interwoven leather jackets.

Some of my favorite looks of the collection were the full upper suits paired with short shorts. I recently saw this look on The Sartorialist's "On the street" section which featured a middle aged gentleman from Spain (if my memory serves me right) sporting this semi formal/semi casual ensemble. I guess he was a step ahead of the curve!

Take a look at a few pics from today's show. I've also embedded the youtube videos of the show for your viewing pleasure. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...